Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Attitude is everything...



I know I have touched on this before - but lately it has really come to my attention that attitude is everything.  Have you ever noticed that if someone in your family is having a bad day and approaching life with a bad attitude that is it spills over onto everyone?  I struggle with this in our household.


One person gets all cranky and "off" and then everyone else starts in with the negative attitude.


I try really hard to see the glass as "half full" as much as I can.  Seriously - if you stop and look at it - doesn't God provide all we "need"?  The key word here is NEED.  Sure we have all these earthly desires but do we really need all that we want?  Heck no!


I need a roof overhead.  I have that.  I need food.  I have that.  I need to be able to seek medical care when needed.  I have that.  Basics.  


If we learn to appreciate the fact that our basic needs are being met the rest is easy!  Anything else is a "bonus" and your glass is half full!


This year, this Holiday, we have our needs.  We have a place to live and food to eat.  My kids know that there may not be the "end all be all" gifts under the tree and they are okay with that.  They are not "expecting" much at all so anything they get they will be grateful for.  I am thankful for this.  Perhaps if we had not gone down the road that God led us down they would not be grounded in this way.


I, myself have a greater appreciation for the simple things in life.  I expect nothing and get everything in return!  I am blessed more richly by my friendships and cherish things more deeply than I ever have.


This Holiday is not about what we "get" - but rather what we can "give".  We can lend an ear to a friend in need.  We can give our time doing something worth while.  We can share a talent we possess.  We can give a hug, bake some cookies and share a smile.  You don't have to be rich in a monetary sense to be able to richly bless others.



I just pray and ask that God uses me to richly bless others.  I pray that you too will not get caught up in the "commercialization" of the Holiday Season and forget that YOU have a lot to offer.  


Don't let it go to waste.  Pray and ask God to use you.  Be open to His leading and let him show you how blessed it is to be a blessing to others!


XoXo
Smile even when you don't feel like it - it does wonders for your attitude!
Janean