Thursday, March 19, 2009

Frustration and Appreciation

Today I am having a struggle with frustration. I am trying to take my frustrations and turn them into appreciations. Frustrated that we are without a home, but have appreciation that we are in a hotel not a tent. Frustrated that we need to cram all 5 of us into one 400 sq foot room instead of using our funds for the convenience of two adjoining rooms.

I need to appreciate that the room no matter how small and cramped is at least a room, under a roof, we are all together and we are in a lovely place.

Frustrated that I keep applying and applying for jobs for myself, Stace and Taylor to no avail, while having appreciation for the fact I do have a job, albeit only 3 days a week.

Frustrated that Taylor's new medicine is not covered by insurance, the doctor will not call us back - but appreciate that Taylor actually wants to take his medications and get better.

Frustrated that Turner and Trenton are both struggling in school and with their behavior due to the transition, but trying to appreciate the fact that they too are fragile and need my guidance and love to help them through.

I am frustrated that my computer crashed, leaving me without a way to edit photos. Appreciate the fact I have the knowledge to do so, and try to find a solution.

I am frustrated that I allow my mind to become cluttered and start to get down. I appreciate my friend Eric who is inspirational and wise and that he has used his gifts to help others with his elife methods. I find comfort in his words and love his creativity.

I am frustrated that I need to be in the word more and do not make time. I find time to spin my wheels being frustrated - but need to appreciate each moment I am given and find the time to quiet my mind, reflect and gain perspective on my situation.

I appreciate you - my friends and even strangers who do not know me, but take the time to see life through my eyes. I pray that I can help you in some way as so many have helped me.

Here are some of my favorite Proverbs...
A wise heart takes orders...an empty head will become unglued.

When the storm is over, there's nothing left of the wicked;
good people, firm on their rock of foundation, are not even fazed.

The speech of a good person clears the air;
the words of the wicked pollute it.

The desires of good people lead straight to the best,
but wicked ambition ends in angry frustration.

The one who blesses others are abundantly blessed,
those who help others are helped.

I have been accused of a lot of things in life - one of them being too nice, another too sensitive. I am not going to apologize for how I am wonderfully made. If people can not appreciate me for who I am, why should I care?

Ultimately I am performing for an audience of ONE!


I am going to "clear my head and quiet my mind". I thank you for letting me vent my frustrations and help me to see what I need to appreciate.

I hope you can turn frustration into appreciation when you need to!
XOXO
Janean
[janeansig.jpg]