Saturday, October 24, 2009

One day at a time...


It is said that you should not focus on the problems of tomorrow because there are plenty for today!

I have been trying to take things day by day.  This is a saying that people have thrown about for centuries.  "Just take it day by day".
But this is so much easier said than done.  When you have rent due on the first of the month and bills to be paid it is hard not to focus on the impending due dates.


Bills and commitments hang in the future like tangled vines.  Impending doom and dread when you do not see how you are going to meet these needs creeps in.

I have tried to focus on the solution.  Stace and Taylor need jobs.  Each day we have applied online again for employment.  We spend hours pouring over classified ads and filling out lengthy applications.
I have just scheduled this in as part of the daily routine.  


In our recent study the verse from Isaiah 43:2 says "When you walk through rivers of difficulty you will not drown!  When you walk through the fire of oppression you will not be burned up!"  Jesus is the higher power that I must plug into.  Believe and receive.  I am not in control, He is.  I know this.  I must rest in it.

So, this is Saturday.  Glorious Saturday!  Trevan woke up and wanted to go to school!  He said he hates the weekends because he loves school SO much!  Awesome!  The weather looks beautiful.  I will make coffee and we will see what this day holds.  We have the usual mountains of laundry that need to be attended to for the next week.  I have items to throw in the crock pot to make white chili for dinner.  I hear the birds chirping outside and a cool breeze washes over me as I sit here writing to you.  I will pray that today will be a peaceful one.  A productive one.  One that is filled with hope, not stress. 

One day at a time.

XoXo
Janean