Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 6 of my 31 Day Challenge...

Today I am making myself take a break from working at home. I get in a rut and feel guilty when I have SO much to get done. I feel guilty taking "time" for "ME". Today I am breaking free and meeting an old friend Trudi at the Lake for a walk. I am excited to get out and enjoy the serenity of the lake and the surroundings. Too often we take for granted the beauty that God provides for our enjoyment. I have tried to be more aware of the canvas that is laid out before us each day...from the wonderful sunrises and sunsets, to the changing leaves, interesting birds, beautiful mountains, calm lakes. We are very blessed to live here where there is snow a couple hours away and the ocean just a few miles away. I am thankful.

I did get to get that NAP in yesterday! I took a 20 minute power nap! It was great. My eyes were tired from editing photos and I was just really wiped out yesterday. When Stace left and took Trevan to pick up Turner from school, my house was QUIET. This hardly EVER happens. I seized the moment and quickly laid on the sofa. I fell fast asleep. It felt great. You should try it if you get a chance!


Today's Tidbit...

I love to read - I have been getting some great ideas from the REDBOOK site - here are a few that caught my eye!

No Workout Weight Loss
How to look good naked
Beauty's Top 40 of 2008
The Best Jeans For YOUR Butt