Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to my MAMA!

Thanks mom. Thanks for being a great mom.
You are my everything!

Everything Mom
How did you find the energy, Mom
To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.
How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
Yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can’t comprehend.
I see now it was love, Mom
That made you come whenever I'd call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all.
I love you mom!

Day 4 of my 31 day challenge.
Today I am going to challenge myself to nap. YES. I say the 3 letter word. N A P. For those of you who do not know me, I hardly ever, sorta NEVER...nap.

I am really tired.

It seems the dreaded stomach flu has hit the Lindner home. Poor Turner has blessed our sofa and our floor with the ever so lovely vomit - aka "pee-uq" (as Trevie calls it) all night. He is so weak and pale. I pray it goes away ASAP and that we all do not come down with it.
That being said...I have a full day of work ahead and not much sleep.
Hence...the NAP. Wish me luck!

Today's Tidbit...
I know this is random...but ever wonder what to do with those tiny pieces of bath soap that are too hard to wash with? Some nurses were talking today about this. One said... when white shirts have minor stains (such as ballpoint pen marks, or colored blobs), she simply rubs the bath soap on the stain, adds a bit of clorox, and magically makes the ink stain go away. On colors she simply rubs the soap on as a pretreater and throws it in the hamper. She swears it takes most stains out and recycles the soap at the same time! Another said - she saves all the little slivers of soap during the winter and throws them in a kiddie pool in the summer. She washes flip flops, sports equipment, the patio chair covers, etc. in the pool. She also said it is great to use to give your kids an outdoor "bath" after a fun day at the park or beach! Go figure!