Saturday, January 3, 2009

http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/holidays/birthday/birthday-cake2.png
Happy 18th Birthday to our friend
CHLOE!

I hope your day is extra special!
xo Love you! xo

She is the best babysitter!!!


Day 3 of my 31 Day Challenge...

Today I am going to write a letter to someone. I have not decided yet - who. I will do it the old fashioned way and actually put pen to paper, sign seal and mail! An old custom - lost in the world of email!
Watch your mailbox - I could be writing YOU!

Today's TIDBIT...
EAT your way to Thicker and Healthier Hair!

Nutritionists have pinpointed certain vitamins and minerals that have proven to be beneficial. I have listed some here along with the foods in which they can be found.

The B vitamin biotin appears to thicken hair fibers, lessen shedding and enhance hair growth. You will find this in brewers yeast, soy flour, cereals, egg yolk, milk, nuts, vegetables, raw beef liver, raw oysters, and cauliflower.

It is also reported that an iron deficiency can cause a woman’s body to stop producing hair until the iron is replaced. Foods high in iron are liver, lean red meat, chicken, pork, salmon, egg yolk, pumpkin seeds, dried peas and beans, bran, blackstrap molasses, prune juice, raisins, peanut butter, apricots, green beans, walnuts, cashews, pecans and almonds.

Iron absorption is increased by Vitamin C, so it seems we also need to make sure we get the recommended amount of that nutrient by eating oranges, grapefruit, potatoes, broccoli and brussel sprouts, red and green peppers, tomatoes, cabbage and collard greens.

Hummm - I wonder if we take a BIOTIN supplement if it would do the same?? Couldn't hurt! I'll give it a try and let you know!